Recent additions to the Porsche WWW page
- December 25, 1999 - A new page on the new
911 Turbo is up,
with some pictures and statistics on this water-cooled monster based
on the 996 type body.
- July 13, 1998 - A few new movies were added to the
multimedia section. Please go here.
- June 5, 1998 - After over about a year and a half without
updates, I've finally begun updating this page. New is the page on
the type 996 and a page on my new car, a 1986 911 Carrera. The page
has also moved to a new address:
members.tripod.com/~msherman/porsche.html. Please make a note of it.
- January 27, 1997 - Check out the Boxster picture
section for five new pictures from a recent commercial. Also
added were two movie files of two new commercials. Go to the
multimedia archive to find the new stuff!
- November 5, 1996 - Added two new Boxster pictures as well as some
Boxster video clips. Check out the
- October 13, 1996 - Check out the
multimedia archive!!! Tons of new
Boxster pictures have been added, as well as a new Quicktime movie and two more QuickTime
format conversions of existing MPEGS so they now have sound! Woo-hoo!
- October 7, 1996 - Added a new QuickTime movie of the 911 Carrera
to the movie section of the multimedia archive.
- October 1, 1996 - Michael Sherman's web page of
Porsche automobiles is two years old.
Picture of the week updated.
- September 13, 1996 - Added a new entry to the
Porsche News section about Le Mans, as
well as three new pictures of the new Boxster
and one new picture of the 1996 Le Mans GT1 to the
- August 13, 1996 - Added a link on the main page
to the Potomac Region PCA Web page.
- July 25, 1996 - Added an original Java applet! Check out the new selection bar
on the pages for the 1996 911 models. If there are any problems or questions, please
send me mail. Also added a link at the top of the main page for a text only page.
- July 15, 1996 - Added two new graphics to the main page: replaced the intro graphic
at the top of the page, and added a Boxster pic at the bottom of the page.
- May 16, 1996 - The machine on which the picture archive is stored will be down
for the summer of 1996 as the system operator and his machine will be away from the campus
of Carnegie Mellon. Sorry for the inconvenience. See this note for more information.
- May 1, 1996 - Porsche Cars North America opens their
own official Web site.
- March 12, 1996 - Constructed a new 356 page featuring very detailed
background and technical information provided by Steingrim Saug.
- February 16, 1996 - Added a suggestion page to aid in my plan to improve
this Porsche www page.
- January 31, 1996 - Added new information to the 911 Turbo,
Boxster, and 911 Carrera pages. Split the 911 Carrera info page
into three seperate pages - the Carrera, Carrera 4, and Targa and 4S
- January 1, 1996 - Changed the first title graphic on the main page to include a
picture of the new 911 Carrera 4S.
- December 27, 1995 - New entry in the page of Porsche news and events regarding the
54th annual D.C. auto show.
- December 21, 1995 - Added a new MPEG movie and 21 new pictures to the
- December 8, 1995 - Added a new page that features each week a new
"Porsche picture of the week".
- December 2, 1995 - Added a new section to the
technical information page that allows
owners of Porsches to post their own technical tips for other owners around the world.
- November 28, 1995 - Added new pictures of the
1996 911 Targa and the 1996 Carrera 4S to the picture archive.
- November 17, 1995 - Changed one of the front page
graphics so that it loads a random image each time the page
- October 30, 1995 - Construction begun on the 1996
Porsche Carrera Targa and 4S section.
- September 25, 1995 - Added 10 new 911 Turbo pictures
to the multimedia archive.
- September 15, 1995 - Added a page of specifications for the new
911 Carrera RS.
- September 8, 1995 - Opening of the multimedia archive. Changed
main page images to JPEG format instead of GIF to hopefully speed up
loading fo the page for those overseas (Is it faster? Let me know via
e-mail! - If I get a lot of positive
feedback about this change I will change the format of all the images on
many of the sub pages as well).
- September 7, 1995 - Construction of the new Porsche
multimedia archive begun.
- September 6, 1995 - Added the "Porsche news and
recent events" page to keep track of current events in
the world of Porsche automobiles.
- September 5, 1995 - Changed the 1996 911 Turbo page.
- September 4, 1995 - Added eight new pictures to the
Porsche picture archive (911_*).
- September 3, 1995 - Finally added pages for the
type 968 and 928 (available from the "Other models" link).
- September 2, 1995 - Made small changes in format, added a
few new graphics. Added a link to the Porsche 914 Fan Web Page.
- September 1, 1995 - Added the classifieds section of
the Porsche page for people selling Porsche cars and/or parts.
- August 30, 1995 - Added links to two new
pages: the Porsche Clubs page and the Porsche Literature
page, in the"More Porsche Information" section.
- August 29, 1995 - Added the 1996 Porsche
911 GT 2 page and the visitor's registration book.
- August 28, 1995 - Added more pictures to
the Porsche picture archive, added the 1997 Porsche
- August 26, 1995 - The Porsche picture
archive reopens after three months of down time.
- October, 1994 - Initial publication.