1992 Porsche 911 Carrera
"Experience the automobile that has shaped high-performance sports
car design for decades and learn firsthand what other cars are so
intent on imitating."
It is unquestionably the most recognized sports car shape in the world.
It is also unquestionably the winningest production car ever, capturing
more victories that all its competitors combined! It is, of course,
the Porsche 911 Carrera and it continues to be the sports car by which
all other are judged.
As always, the 911 Carrera offers the most contemporary race-bred
technology available in a production automobile.
- Air-cooled, lightweight aluminium alloy horizontally
opposed 6-cylinder, crossflow,
hemispherical combustion chambers, 2 valves per
cylinder, dual resonant induction,
rear mounted engine (3.6 litre)
- 247 horsepower at 6100 rpm
- 228 lb-ft of torque at 4800 rpm
- Compression ratio: 11.3:1
- Electronic fuel injected, DME controlled with twin plug
ignition, dual knock sensors
- 5 speed manual
- Fuel consumption: 17 mpg city, 25 mpg highway
- 0-60 in 5.5 seconds
- Top speed: 162 mph
Last updated September 12, 1995