"Brutally quick, exquisitely refined, rewardingly agile,
the highly sophisticated and purposeful 928 GTS scorns
attempts to compromise at every turn."
- Engine: Liquid cooled, lightweight aluminum-alloy V8,
DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, external oil cooler, dual
resonant induction, front-mounted
- Displacement: 5.4 litres
- Horsepower: 345 @ 5700 rpm
- Torque: 369 ft-lb @ 4250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.4:1
- Fuel/ignition system: EZK-LH fuel/ignition system,
dual knock sensors
- Transmission: 5-speed manual or optional 4-speed automatic
- Suspension, front: Independent double aluminum-alloy
A-arms, coil springs, stabilizer bar
- Suspension, rear: Independent aluminum-alloy Weissach design,
toe correcting, stabilizer bar
- Brake system: 4-wheel Power-assisted, 4-piston aluminum-alloy fixed
calipers, internally vented discs, ABS
- Steering: Rack and pinion, force-sensitive hydraulically assisted
- Wheels and tires: Cast alloy wheels: 7.5jx17 front, 9Jx17 rear
Tires: 225/45ZR 17 front, 255/40ZR 17 rear
- Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds (automatic 5.6 seconds)
- Top track speed: 171 mph
- Wheelbase: 98.4 in.
- Overall length: 178.1 in.
- Width: 74.4 in.
- Height: 50.5 in.
- Track, front/rear: 61.1/63.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 4.5 in.
- Curb weight: 3593 lbs.
- Fuel consumption: 12 mpg city / 19 mpg highway
Last updated September 3, 1995